Monday, February 5, 2007



WONDER





Dok.Saab (MKS)

I wonder what should I write for Creative Liaisons this fortnight?

Or rather why should I write ?

Why does one write, or for that matter why any one pursues any creative work? Swantah sukhay (for pleasing self) as Goswami Tulsidas said when he wrote the Ram Charit Manas.

But I am no Tulsidas. I yearn for appreciation, or criticism. Bouquets and Brickbats !!

Whats the point of showing your creativity if there is no one to watch and clap.Jangal me mor naachaa kisne dekha?

That is what was happening to Rashi's laudable efforts to initiate creative competition between her friends. I wished people would take part , or at least comment and criticize. But none happened, and the last word went unchallenged. I too decided not to write on illusion.

But today, an interview of Sushmita Sen, former Miss world, changed my opinion. She said, "Cinema allows me to exhale. Its no longer about impressing other people but expressing myself."

And here I am, writing for the word of this fortnight, least bothering whether any one will read this, whether they will like it or laugh at it. And I am content.

I wonder , not why, but what should I write for the Creative Liaisons this fortnight.

Rashi

When we were kids our fears, our dreams, our miracles and our wishes were so small in magnitude....

I remember that one day our cable-wallahs were on strike and I desparately wanted to see my favourite Batman cartoon because in trade for that I had studied for 3 hours

I had prayed so hard that my cable should work by the time of the show...I had hoped God would hear me..

I had promised Him ladoos to make his decision sway in my favour... I had hoped for a miracle...and then by God's grace the cable was back by the time of the show...

And that nite till I fell I sleep I had wondered does Bhagwanji like ladoos that much??

Today as I sit down to write this ..with so many things wrong so many things that need to be fixed..so many disasters to be averted I want to look up..and ask Him how many Laddos will it take to bring backto life my friends who had passed away in the Delhi and Mumbai bomblasts?I wonder how many laddos should I promise Him to stop the injustice happenning in Iran and Kashmir?

Smiti

I sang..


wonder wonder lil star

what ur and my fates are..

and yet..


wonder is my lover

sees me masking in my cover

but I..


wonder as I wander

which is my greatest fear?


Aiman Khan

The night was so silent

I was reminded of him

Leaves shining with dewdrops

And the moonlight dim

As I slowly walked

Lonely by the green

Memories flashed back to the time

When fate was not so mean

I remembered the time

When I was carefree

But what did I know then

All that was going to be

Life had changed

In that single day

When we parted our paths

And moved on our way

It was fate that we met

And destiny we separated

I thought God would help

But it was like he hadn’t existed

Wonder this was all there was

We met and we parted

But these memories will forever...

Leave my heart darted.


2 comments:

krishnachaitanya said...

i wonder leaving all the wonders in the wonderful world y? ppl go for a wonderless land full of paperwonder which creates a world with a lots of joy on the surface but moaning heart in interface, so i ask all the friends to stop wandering for the paper wonder &start living the god given wonder called "life"

Rashi Ahuja said...

hey everyone...its been an exciting fortnite..and with so many varied articles ..humm..

lets see..

Dok Saab: you are an intresting fellow...ur articles always a wonder...but dis timw i know dis was more personal,,,dis one was written to me ....tnx a tonne

Smiti: you are confused in ur ideas and it shows...who is ur muse..ur sweetheart?
..next time try and write a prose..u will be very good at it

Aiman: wow... ppl i for a fact know dis gal is 14... and yet i see a gravity in her work so beyond her age...in one word she is good in two...damn good...and for that reson dhe is my pik of the fortnite...!!

Rashi: bad attempt at some good humour...its best if u stik to romance o nostalgia...lol